Cauliflower Spanish "Rice"
Food processor to rice cauliflower (you can buy riced cauliflower in the store but it's more
expensive albeit convenient)
2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp red chili flakes
2 jalapeños, chopped and seeds removed (unless you want it really spicy)
1 large head of cauliflower, riced (about 6 cups)
1/2 cup chicken stock (or vegetable stock for vegan version)
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp salt
2 tsps onion powder
2 tsps garlic powder
2 tbsp stock set aside
2 tsps tapioca starch or arrowroot
1. Chop up tomatoes and put them in a very large pan on medium high heat with olive oil, red
chili flake, and jalapeños.
2. While that's sautéing (stir occasionally) rice cauliflower in the food processor (should be
roughly 6 cups riced).
3. Dump that in the pan and stir in a half cup of chicken stock and spices.
4. Cook on high heat and stir continuously until the liquid is almost gone.
5. Turn down the heat at the end to medium.
6. In a small dish, mix the two tablespoons cold stock with the tapioca starch or arrowroot.
7. Evenly pour that around on your “rice” and stir really well. It will thicken up the liquid and
make it more rice-like.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Yields 6 servings
Nutrition for 1 serving (with chicken bone stock)
Net Carb: 6g